Monday, January 7, 2013

Thanks-Monday

Just sitting here, thankful.

For a normal day.  For the holidays being behind us and the rest of the school year in front of us.  Thankful for a smooth day back at it, and getting it "all" done by one o'clock.

Thankful for the fresh eggs our neighbor sells us for a mere $1.50 a dozen. He even delivers them to our door.  We have so many, I need to research ways to use them.  Today's lunch is pumpkin french toast.  No one is complaining.

I'm pretty thankful for that.

I got the woodstove cleaned out and managed to start a new fire.  It took me a while, but Mister cheered me on.

He got all of his spelling words right, too.  They were pretty easy, a review. But it doesn't matter.  I'm thankful.

I've got a hot cup of coffee. Starbucks.  My favorite. Pike's Place Roast.  Given to me by the love of my life who knows I kind of prefer this roast to his favorite darker roasts.  And I get to savor each cup in the afternoon, all by myself.  I do share.  But it's nice to know I don't have to.

The sun is shining and for some reason 16 degrees feels warm.  I look forward to tomorrow, when things will turn a balmy 35 degrees out.  

The kids are playing.  Not watching TV or playing with their thumbs on their little video game systems.  No fighting... yet.  I'll take it.

And be thankful for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't love comments (so long as they are nice?) Talk to me, people!