Friday, February 1, 2013

Homeschool Mother's Journal -The 1st of February

I am a journaler by nature.  I love this weekly wrap up.  You can join the meme  here.

In my life this week

The temperatures warmed, the wind swept things away, the week flew by. I can't believe it is February already and that we are nearing our 100th day of school and already more than half way through.  It is always exciting.

In our homeschool this week

We spent our second week in Africa, learned to play mancala, and continue reading about David Livingstone.  I am reading Gooney the Fabulous to a very eager Brown-Eyed Girl.

Helpful homeschool tips or advice

Let them have plenty of time to do what they love.  And be sure to do something you love too.

Places we're going and people we're seeing

My nephew is coming to visit for the weekend so the kids are very excited.

My favorite thing this week

Having a new friend come over to visit with her two girls.

My kiddos favorite things this week

When I asked Mister this question he said it was going to Storyland. Um, well, that was last summer.  We need to work on time.

Things I'm working on

I'm keeping up with my Project Life album.

I'm cooking

Friday seems to be fun food night.  Often homemade pizza. Tonight, chicken nuggets, buffalo wings, queso cheese bites, french fries.  Salad and baby carrots for good measure.  We don't eat junk every night, I promise.

I'm reading

I'm considering reading Les Miserables.  But I'm leaning more towards listening to it.

I'm grateful for

The sweetness and faithfulness of the Lord. I wrote a post earlier this week on intimacy with God.  He's so good to me.

I rewarded my kids this week by

Friday is a reward in and of itself.  :)

Something I'm ogling or have my eye on

I confess I am a total curriculum junkie.  I want to order next year's core soon!  I love to have time to look things over so I can keep my eye out for any fun extras to go along with it before we begin  in the fall.  Have I mentioned we really love My Father's World?

A picture from this week:

Mt. Laundry. It's not a myth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't love comments (so long as they are nice?) Talk to me, people!