Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Ask Him

Ever ask someone a question then walk away before you get the answer?  Or get distracted by something else, so you don't hear the answer?

I do it all the time.

Many of you are asking a serious question right now.  Why God?  

We ask this question and follow it up with How could you let this happen? Why didn't you stop it?  If you are good, why did you let something so evil happen?

People are attempting to answer this question for you.  Maybe they can help you.  But if you really want an answer, I think that answer should come from God.

He does speak.  Through his Word, the Bible.  Most people have a Bible somewhere in their home. It is God's letter to you about who He is and what He has done and what He will do.  He will answer your questions for you.  Maybe not the way you would expect.  But since you asked, don't walk away from getting the answers.  Don't get distracted by something else.

I know you are angry.  I know you are sad. I am too.  I asked these questions too.  I went to the One I was asking and He comforted me with  His Word.

You could read the Psalms.  You could read the gospels.  If you don't know what to read, may I suggest you read the book of John?  You don't even need a Bible.  You can read it online here.  Write down your questions.  Read the book.  See who God is through the person of Jesus Christ.  Find your answers in Him.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't love comments (so long as they are nice?) Talk to me, people!