Monday, November 12, 2012

Homeschool Mother's Journal for November 12th


  • In my life this week… I hope and pray for a normal schedule after a busy week of travelling and visiting, excursions outside the house, and company.  The introvert in me is ready to hibernate at least for a few days!

  • In our homeschool this week… We begin our study of European cultures and our first stop is Norway. My dad went to Norway when I was a kid and brought me home a Cabbage Patch kid from there with adoption papers in Norwegian.

  • Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share… Take a holiday break!  

  • I am inspired by… the biography of Nate Saint I just finished reading to the kids. I've never read a lot of Christian hero biographies and they are so encouraging.  I am amazed at how God can work in circumstances, in governments, in cultures and in ways that we would never expect in our "ugly American" mindset.

  • Places we’re going and people we’re seeing… See above.  Nowhere for a few days, I hope!

  • My favorite thing this week was… Seeing many friends from back home, seeing the kids craft with Nana, and the great job the kiddos did at church running a bake sale to benefit Gospel for Asia.

  • What’s working/not working for us… Things are going so well this year. We have our days, but we have really found our groove.  

  • Things I’m working on… Christmas lists.  Would it gross anyone out to say that I'm nearly done shopping for the kids?  I really just want to relax and enjoy the Christmas season this year, so I do not want to find myself scouring Walmart for gifts during the crazy days before Christmas.

  • I’m reading… I am in between books. Although we begin the next book in the Kingdom Tales series today and the kids are so excited!

  • I’m cooking… Spaghetti with chicken Parmesan tonight.

  • I’m grateful for… the warmth of home.

  • I’m praying for… Our president.  He was not my choice to lead our nation, but I think it's time to stop complaining about him and put that energy in prayer.  It is only when I pray that I believe all things are possible.
So I'm used to daybooking on Mondays but I like the format of this Homeschool Mother's Journal better... but it's only open to link up Friday through Sunday.  So you won't find my link there, but you can find THEIR link here.

2 comments:

  1. Jungle Pilot is one of my favorite books! Nate Saint became one of my heroes after reading it. :-) Have you ever read God's Smuggler, about Brother Andrew? He smuggled Bibles into the USSR. Wonderful, wonderful book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own that book, Teisha, bu thave not read it! I am loving these biographies and also Window on the World. Amazing what God is doing in this world!

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love comments (so long as they are nice?) Talk to me, people!