Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Journal for September 4th- 2nd Week of School


  • In my life this week… I'll try to make up for the lost school day on Monday, all because I like to stick to a schedule.

  • In our homeschool this week… another week of introduction to our  new curriculum, and learning about maps/globes and ecosystems.

  • Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share… Give everyone permission to take a break

  • I am inspired by… paint colors.  What an amazing array.

  • Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…I'm hoping for a fairly quiet week of getting back into routine (or finding a routine!).  I'm actually glad rain is predicted for the next two days because it well help to convince the kids that summer is over.

  • My favorite thing this week was… seeing how Mister just naturally helps me out by playing with Petite.

  • What’s working for us… math drill sheets from here.  I used these with Mister a few years ago and they are coming in handy for both he and B-E-G this year.  I love how they only introduce two new problems at a time.

  • Questions/thoughts I have… Why must math be so... terrible?

  • Things I’m working on…following through with promises. It's easy to get  side-tracked with all that is going on in our home, but I don't want to forget to do the little things I said I would (like gluing a toy back together)

  • I’m reading… I got a few new books at our local discount store including a few parenting books- and I said I'd quit doing it to myself!

  • I’m cooking… Oh right, I have to cook this week.  Better make that menu.

  • I’m grateful for… a wonderful weekend with our friends who "stay-cationed" with us.  It was just such easy fellowship.

  • I’m praying for… my little Petite, who has come down with a cold... and praying that B-E-G's ear is feeling better. Otherwise, off to the doctor we go.

  • A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
Spelling with Scrabble Cheez-Its.  Yum and fun!

1 comment:

  1. ((hugs))on the cold. We've had the cold virus at our home, too. Praying you have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love comments (so long as they are nice?) Talk to me, people!