Monday, October 1, 2012

Homeschool Mother's Journal for October 1st


  • In my life this week… Lots of rain is predicted, which generally makes me happy!  I love any excuse to stay inside and be a homebody.
  • In our homeschool this week… we will spending our second week in Mexico, complete with a fiesta on Friday!
  • Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share… I still feel like a novice at this even after five years.  Needs, interests, and what works can change daily!  When I hit a wall, I tend to jump on the Internet searching for help either by comparing what I do to what others do or looking for a new revolutionary and perfect curriculum.  NOTE TO SELF: Step away from the computer and just pray about it!
  • I am inspired by… a couple I met at church yesterday. They are foster parents to their 1 and 2 year-old GREAT grandchildren.  Amazing people, doing something truly radical.
  • Places we’re going and people we’re seeing… Josh and I will be attending a banquet this week for a local pregnancy resource center.  And as I said, the cousins will be having a Mexican fiesta this Friday!
  • My favorite thing this week was… A National Coffee Day dinner party hosted by some new friends.  Each time we get together we get more comfortable and the fellowship is so satisfying.
  • What’s working/not working for us… Getting the basics of school done first thing is really working for us. I used to do all the core subjects first, but my children are such early risers that I need them as fresh as possible for math, reading, writing.
  • Questions/thoughts I have… Will anyone ever let me sleep in a little?  
  • Things I’m working on… no major personal projects, unless you count the never ending battle of keeping the house organized.
  • I’m reading… I just finished Beverly Lewis's latest book The Bridesmaid.  One of my very favorites by her.  She takes the cake for Amish fiction and in my opinion, everyone else is just an imitation. So I long for her books and buy them hot off the press!
  • I’m cooking… I need to make a menu for the week, which I should have made before I went grocery shopping.  But most likely I'll be cooking and baking with apples as we have lots!
  • I’m grateful for… the very essentials that we are blessed with. A pantry full of food, the warmth of a home, the love of my family.
  • I’m praying for… Revival, a Great Awakening.
  • A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
"From of old no one has heard or perceived by the ear, no eye has seen a God besides you, who acts for those who wait for him" Isaiah 64:4

We have found it is always, always worth it to wait on the Lord.  He will act and He will come through.

The Homeschool Mother's Link-up can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't love comments (so long as they are nice?) Talk to me, people!