Monday, August 27, 2012

Journal for August 27th- Our First Day of School!







In my life this week… school begins for a new year and I pray for a wonderful start to an amazing year!




In our homeschool this week… we begin a whole new curriculum (My Father's World) and begin to get a taste of the many diverse people living around the world whom God so loved that he sent his one and only Son to die for them. And as my kids like to say- WOW!




Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share… A child's education is a not a sprint to the finish- it's a life-long journey. One day they'll take the baton and run with it!




I am inspired by… all the blogging moms out there.




Places we’re going and people we’re seeing… I promised the kids a trip to the beach today if school is done by 1. And we have friends visiting for Labor Day weekend and I've kept it a secret from the kids!




My favorite thing this week was… watching my three-year-old tear open her birthday gifts.




What’s working for us… the if/then chart from Doorposts. A great tool to help me be consistant with discipline and to help the kids know what to expect when they need it.




Questions/thoughts I have… What books to have my nine-year-old read?




Things I’m working on… blog posts about Petite's birthday, what she'll be doing for "school", and one on our first day once it's happened!




I’m reading… the final pages of the 3rd book in the Darkness to Light series by Golden Keyes Parsons. Excellent historic fiction.




I’m cooking… Grands Cinnamon rolls for our first day of school breakfast. This is a Christmas and first day of school only treat!




I’m grateful for… being able to be home and teach my children. I get to do this and it is my joy to.




I’m praying for… my sister-in-law as she starts school today too and for my brother and nephew as he starts a new school tomorrow.




A photo, video, link, or quote to share…




Me reading The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe to my kiddos on the deck. I look kinda mean here. I must have been reading about the White Witch!






Join the Homeschool Mother's Journal at http://www.ihomeschoolnetwork.com/homeschool-journal/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't love comments (so long as they are nice?) Talk to me, people!